The Lithuanian Real Estate Development Association (LNTPA) together with the Academy of Sustainable Development annually selects the best real estate projects by organizing the competition “For Sustainable Development” („Už darnią plėtrą“).
During the competition, discussions with urban planners, architects and urban developers are presented. It’s important to address what makes a city attractive and comfortable to live in.
In the competition, in addition to the presentation of projects, readers can get acquainted with photographs, images and information how development has changed individual places in cities and how new real estate projects impacted life around them.
All projects in the housing, commercial, multifunctional, and public real estate project categories will be evaluated by an independent commission of ten members: urban engineers, energy, construction specialists, economists, architects and journalists. Finalists will be selected in each of the above categories. The main prize “For Sustainable Development” (Sustainable Development Star) will be awarded to them.
Traditionally, readers of the media partner of the competition vote for the most liked object and choose their favourite participant.
Evaluation criteria for participants:
- Compliance of the concept of the object with the goals of sustainable urban development, quality of life (renovation of existing residential areas or buildings, multifunctionality, access to public transport and other public infrastructure, harmonization of environmental, economic and social objectives, and aesthetic landscaping);
- Architectural quality;
- Respect for nature and cultural heritage;
- Intelligent solutions in design and construction, technological innovation and exclusivity (PropTech);
- Energy efficiency, resource saving solutions;
- Compliance of the project with the needs of the real estate market, economic utility of the project, creating added value for the local economy;
- The organization’s reputation in society and business ethics (activities that promote harmonious relationships with consumers and society).
Members of the commission:
- Mindaugas Statulevičius, President of LNTPA – Chairman of the Commission;
- Dr. Dalia Bardauskienė – Adviser to the Chief Urban Architect of Vilnius City Municipality, ISOCARP – Member;
- Darius Kvedaravičius Narmontas – Deputy Minister of the Ministry of Environment of the Republic of Lithuania;
- Tauras Paulauskas – architect, Chairman of the Professional Ethics Council of the Lithuanian Chamber of Architects;
- Alvydas Kvedaravičius – expert of the Lithuanian Builders Association, head of the real estate development department of UAB YIT Lietuva;
- Doc. Linas Naujokaitis – Member of the Board of the Vilnius Branch of the Lithuanian Union of Architects, Associate Professor of the Faculty of Architecture of Vilnius Gediminas Technical University;
- Prof. Habil. Dr. Vytautas Martinaitis – Professor at Vilnius Gediminas Technical University Department of Building Energy,
- Martynas Trimonis – Head of Real Estate Clients, Swedbank AB;
- Evelina Povilaitytė – Real estate and construction news editor at Verslo žinios;
- Justina Maciūnaitė – RE editor at Delfi.
The goals of the public competition, open to all real estate developers, are to foster the ideas of sustainable development, to draw public attention and present the best projects of real estate and their developers, to promote cooperation between business, science, governmental and non-governmental organizations.
Criteria and requirements for the evaluation of participants are specified in competition “For Sustainable Development” (“Už darnią plėtrą”) REGULATION 2021 (text in Lithuanian language).
More information: www.lntpa.lt and phone: (8-5) 262 0350.
LNTPA report: Awards of the competition “For Sustainable Development 2011” were presented
“For Sustainable Development” projects in 2007-2009
Winners of the 2008 Competition “For Sustainable Development”